Seedlings Meadow Preschool and Reception offers 3 to 5 year olds a solid foundation to their education, using the British Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Our pupils learn through play, making them confident and independent learners. We use a very wide range of learning resources and teaching methods to create opportunities for children to be curious and motivated, to explore, and simply to enjoy learning.
Our Quality Promise
We promise to provide a learning environment that meets the standards of the Early Years Foundation Stage: the statutory framework that would apply to a preschool and reception setting in England. We have adopted this framework because it is informed by the best available evidence on how children learn and reflect the broad range of skills, knowledge and attitudes children need as foundations for good future progress.
Key to this is the quality of teaching resources and staff training, and working with parents as partners.
Our academic year is based on England’s school year which runs from September to July, with three terms in each academic year:
- First (Autumn) Term – September to December
- Second (Spring) Term – January to March/April
- Third (Summer) Term – April to July
In each term, there is a half-term holiday of approximately one week, during which childcare is available at no extra cost.
Drop off in the mornings is from 7:45 to 8:30 am and pick up is from 3:15 to 3:45 pm
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which our curriculum is based on focuses on the following seven areas of learning and development:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Our daily routine is built on these seven areas of learning and development, enriched with a varied range of activities that will motivate any child to learn. Each child is continuously assessed during learning and play so that activities can be tailored to meet their individual learning journeys. We view the home as an extension of school, therefore parents are deemed partners in our success.
Why choose Seedlings Meadow for your child
- We deliver on our promise to maintain a setting that meets the standards of a preschool/reception in England.
- With an office in the UK, we are able to access up-to-date staff training tools and learning resources to enhance our curriculum delivery.
- We offer a safe and enjoyable learning environment where children thrive while acquiring the necessary skills for a successful school life.
- Regular assessment and observation of our pupils mean we are able to tailor activities to meet individual children’s needs and interests.
- To foster a love of reading, we have a very wide range of hand-picked, age-appropriate books which children can access
- Our durable school uniform which is upplied by a top UK manufacturer is included in the admission fee
- We provide all children with nutritious meals at no extra cost, so parents do not have to deal with the inconvenience of planning for and packing lunch boxes.
- We have longer school terms than most schools in Ghana so you can be confident that your child will get more opportunities to learn.
- We provide childcare during half terms at no extra cost